Exclamation Dropped Ceiling Grid issues

I'm drawing a Commercial plan that has a 13' high dropped ceiling, with ceiling tiles. I know how to make a dropped ceiling, but Chief creates the grid for the entire office as if it were one room. I need it to make the grid for each individual room. The training video is archaic, and I'm thinking there has to be a better way. Thank you to whoever can help.

ceiling planes for each room. Use different material names for ceiling grid for each room if necessary.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

so your saying to use ceiling planes. I'm trying to make a T-bar grid for each individual room. I'm not sure how ceiling planes can be converted into the T-bar grid ?

You could divide the space into smaller "rooms" with invisible walls. Each "room" can have a different height ceiling and material.

You may have to use regular walls and a doorway if you have a short wall section showing at the ceiling at the edge of the drop between "rooms".
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Got it. Much appreciated.

NW Dave. I thought of that too, and Chief just acts like the ceiling stays flat. The trick was what dgavin said. indicate that there is no ceiling or roof and then put individual ceiling planes in. works like a charm. Thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by kyletburns1 View Post
    NW Dave. I thought of that too, and Chief just acts like the ceiling stays flat. The trick was what dgavin said. indicate that there is no ceiling or roof and then put individual ceiling planes in. works like a charm. Thank you though.
    Whatever works!

The ceiling plane approach can become troublesome if you have different ceiling heights from one area to another. The edge of the ceiling plane will need help.

Screenshot using wall approach

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	54995  
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram