Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm only bringing 8 but I should be able to get the job done with 2 or 3 at the most.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

I've been asked for as built chicken coop plans...even now doing an aluma wood gazebo and city wants plans...i gave them there engineered details, and they said highlight the relevant details, so I said all but two details apply so I'll cross those two out, and they still wouldn't except it, so I had to highlight the 30 other details that do apply....not a lot of common sense around the building departments...

A friend of mine was asked for plans for a free standing BBQ like one you would pick up at Home Depot or WalMart...so he had fun with it and did some pretty funny things on it to make his point...he also put a shower on the outside of a house for rinsing off after or before swimming...plan review said he had to have a drain if he was going to have a shower head, so he called out a hose bibb at 7'...thought that was funny....they approved it.... true story...gotta love it.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

They have to justify their existence.

Last spring I checked with the Planning and Building Depts at Big Bear Lake, Calif about an accessory structure (basically a Gazebo Kit) and was told that if it was less than 100 sq ft unattached there was no permit required. I bought the kit and built it - at which point the inspectors stopped by and wanted to see the permit. I had to go down to the City Offices and meet with the head of Planning and the head of the Building Dept. It took about 1-1/2 hours but they agreed that I was OK and didn't charge me anything. But they did tell me that if I install any plumbing or electrical work I would have to get a permit for that.

I plan on installing a Hot Tub this summer so...........
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

90% of my work is in a county with no building dept or inspection. Makes the plans a little easier to draw but also makes a lot of people think they don't need you....
    Les Unruh
    Columbus, MS
    lesudesign@gmail.com
    9.5-X4