CAD Box Disconnect

Hello Fellow Chief Users,

I am using X2, and I just encountered a problem with CAD boxes. Normally when I go to the CAD toolbar and select the Box Tools icon, I am able to drag a box that I can then size in height & width to any dimension I desire. For the first time ever, I attempted this and any/all of the four sides of the box disconnect from the box upon moving to the dimensioned distance I entered. This happens on more than just the one plan I was working on - I checked. In addition, when clicking on other saved CAD-box details formerly created under the CAD Details Management icon, these boxes now do not identify any longer as boxes... but are broken into four separate lines - and the line thickness changes as well.

I hope I am explaining this clearly. Is this happening because of something I have done inadvertently, or could this be a glitch? I am drawing a gazillion details, and this is really slowing me down. Any advice would be appreciated more than you know.

Thanks, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Prentice View Post
    Hello Fellow Chief Users,

I am using X2, and I just encountered a problem with CAD boxes. Normally when I go to the CAD toolbar and select the Box Tools icon, I am able to drag a box that I can then size in height & width to any dimension I desire. For the first time ever, I attempted this and any/all of the four sides of the box disconnect from the box upon moving to the dimensioned distance I entered. This happens on more than just the one plan I was working on - I checked. In addition, when clicking on other saved CAD-box details formerly created under the CAD Details Management icon, these boxes now do not identify any longer as boxes... but are broken into four separate lines - and the line thickness changes as well.

I hope I am explaining this clearly. Is this happening because of something I have done inadvertently, or could this be a glitch? I am drawing a gazillion details, and this is really slowing me down. Any advice would be appreciated more than you know.

Thanks, Gary
    Sounds like you might have "edit object parts" turned on. That tool is generally on a side toolbar.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Gary,

My guess is that they are not Cad Boxes, but Rectangular Polylines.
    If you have Edit Object Parts toggled on, the lines that make up the rectangle can be moved separately.
    Not so with a Cad Box - it always remains a box with 90deg corners.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Tommy & Glenn,

Why are some of the biggest headaches so easy to solve? You were correct. I must have accidentally clicked that tool. Thanks so much.

Gary