I have a question

How do you make the second connect to the first floor?

I use a stair.

We need more info to answer your question.
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

What exactly do you mean by connect?

Normally if you design your first floor and then build your second floor using the Build New Floor tool, the program will ask you if you would like to derive your second floor using your first floor. If you choose this option, the program will then automatically create exterior walls on your second floor that will match the exterior walls on your first floor as it's template.

If you have manually drawn walls on your second floor, or you have moved walls on either your first or second floor, and you would like to align them, you might want to try turning on the Reference Display so that you can see the other floor.

Much more information can be found in the reference manual and the training videos.

If this information does not help solve your problem, you will need to provide us with a better description of your problem.

If all else fails, you may want to call tech support for more help.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

pns questions is a class.
    PNS stands problems and soulutions!!!! thank you very much joe. (:

its a serious question joe, we teach a class that is using chief architect -interior design.

more info:
    a student has a house which the second floor and the first floor have a gap, in the 3D camera view you can clearly see straight through the house. i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, ive never seen chief do something like this before.

Post the plan or at least an image and what version of Chief you are using if you're seriously for real. thx-bb
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Check to see where the Platform to this Line option is set in the Define Wall Types dialog for the exterior wall type and compare it to where this is located on another student's plan where the walls connect correctly.
    Chief Architect Premier X5

we are using Chief Architect Premier X4
    thanks Athenian_Cad we fixed our problem

Thank you Catherine for helpling solve the problem.

For the rest of the people that did not believe this was a legitimate question and thought this was an opportunity to have some fun, please try to assume that all posts are legitimate requests for help until you have proof otherwise.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey View Post
    Thank you Catherine for helpling solve the problem.

For the rest of the people that did not believe this was a legitimate question and thought this was an opportunity to have some fun, please try to assume that all posts are legitimate requests for help until you have proof otherwise.
    Dermot,

You must admit that the OP was very strange and looked suspicious. If the OP had been:

a student has a house which the second floor and the first floor have a gap, in the 3D camera view you can clearly see straight through the house. i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, ive never seen chief do something like this before.
    we would have responded with potential solutions. The fact that the OP is using a name that has become almost synonymous with chat room jokes didn't help. Added to that is the fact that this is appears to be the only thread on Chief_Talk that the OP has made and you should be able to understand why so many responded as they did.

IAE, you have my apology for misunderstanding. Just try to recognize that it was an honest misunderstanding and not intended to be mean.

vty, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PNS Questions View Post
    pns questions is a class.
    PNS stands problems and soulutions!!!! thank you very much joe.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. It did not appear to be a serious question and the your name and profile didn't help. The fact is that most people here thought it was a spoof.

When we see very cryptic questions we naturally don't know how to answer. There are some sticky posts on these forums that give some guidelines on how to ask questions and/or get answers. If those guidelines are followed the results are much better.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Another thing to keep in mind if the second floor is not attached to the first is to check to see how thick your siding is. I have found that in X4 (unlike some previous versions) that if the siding is less than 1/4" you will see a gap in 3d.
    Glad to hear you found your solution. Joe has a great suggestion about having a look at the guidelines on how to ask a good question even for future search purposes for those that come after.
    Have a great day.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
    http://www.i4homedesign.ca