Foundation structure

I have just started using chief 9 and have found a few things different to chief 8 that have confused me.

The one thing i can't get to work properly is the structures tab in regards to room specification. The platform thickness won't set to the foundation slab thickness when i have the "slab foundation for this room" tick box selected. It keeps the default joist depth set in the framing dialogue box no matter what the floor is.

I don't want to have to keep changing the depth of the joists in framing when it should default to the foundation slab depth set in the foundation default dialogue box.

I am lost as to why it won't work especially when i have built the foundation floor, rebuilt walls, floors and ceilings, as well as rebuilding the floors.

Can someone help me?

Herbie,

Why would you have framing in a slab floor system? The reason is that the "Framing dialogue" is "Senior" to the "Foundation" dialogue relative to framing, that's the way Chief is programmed. I am a little confused as to what you are trying to make Chief do (ie. slab thickness and framing thickness are not items of comprarable magnitude).

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Herbie76

couple of things to check,, if there is a foundation under this room, make sure its structure is set up to supplies the floor for room above... check the structure of the room your having trouble with,,, set to floor supplied by foundation below..

Another thingy,,, make sure these two room are right over each other and lined up,,,, if not this could be your problem,,, also, if a portion of this room has say a closet with framing under it, you have to create an ivisable room under it and un check all the slab floor stuff.

Clear as mud hey! :-)

Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/