Thread: window sizes

window sizes

Can't remember how to make the sizes of stacked windows show up. I have the lower window set as level one and the upper window as the default. any advice?

Jake,

Create a "Window Schedule" and have it display "All Floors". Or add the plan view labels manually on their own layer if the prior solution is not to your likieng.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Window sizes AND schedule!

V9-Window Schedule is generated and windows are numbered. After sending to layout window schedule is not numbered correctly? Corrected numbering by resending to a different layout sheet.

How do you force the window numbering to refresh? It did not seem to help to eliminate the schedule because it redid the same schedule and did not coorelate to the window numbers?
    Take Care

Jim

James,

Press the "F5" key to refresh your screen or the "Refresh Display" icon in the main toolbar. With the layout sheet active this should update its display. If you make a change in a "Child Window" plan view and it does not update to the plan view on layout you have entered the data wrong or there is a major bug in your plan.

What do you mean exactly by "not numbered correctly" please?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

My You Tube Channel

engjake

i beleive if the window default level is set to 0. only windows on that level will show labels, if you set the default level to 1 only the windows on that level will show labels. levels help positioning windows, but once that is done I change all window to level 0 so all the labels will display and match the schedual. putting in your own text callout for windows in plan view can be risky, if you make any change to other windows the Schedual will change and your text call outs will not coinside

HTH Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/

if you assign all the windows to the same level and make that level the default, their sizes will be displayed...on windows that are stacked you will need to drag one/both of the label(s) off the other for both to show up in a plan view...the levels for a window are mainly for placing them when you are creating the plan...changing a WINDOW's level will allow you to stack one or more units on top of one another on the same FLOOR level, while also adjusting the window's ht to fit in the wall ht ...once they are placed I change them all back to the same level and make that level the default...regardless of its numerical assignment(0,1,2,etc) but this is usually level 0

David
    I rechecked my plans, now that I already printed what I needed for the building department, but the w1, w2, w3, etc on the layout floor plans for three floors DID NOT match(at time of printing) the window schedule. The w1 on the plan was some other window, w2 was something else, etc. I left the printed plans as is for the time being, but reprinted layer 14 with the proper matching numbers so I could complete my RESCheck take-off for the permit application.

Now this may have had something to do with the layout saved and then making changes? But I though the layout would update as soon as you make plan changes? This is because I was adjusting a couple windows for the supposed last time! Then I could see where you needed to delete the window schedule and redo it? Because either the window numbers or the schedule was not updating to match the other.
    I did have to resend the plan to l-14 because l-1 would not update or change the window labels, so I left the labels turned off for printing on l-1.

It is 9.03 by the way, and later today I will attempt to use f5 in different ways to check this.

However, just before posting this I rechecked the layouts and now the shedule matches both L-1 and L-14. The question is, how do you force the schedule or the window numdering to update so it matches. It was not doing it when I needed it to, so I just redid it by sending it off to another layout. How is it magically now is updated??? Do we need to close out and then restart, like v8 needed to release memory?
    Take Care

Jim

James,

When printing a layout one must take a moment to check the data in the layout before printing. It is a seperate "Hat" from the hat you wore when creating the layout and model. The software used is a secondary consideration as it is merely a tool to get a product. The product is then turned over to a "Quality Control" hat who then checks and corrects the product as necessary. If this step is not done by you or an employee of yours then the "Hat" is passed to ones' clients or Boss.

In my experience it is unpleasant to have ones clients wear this hat when they expect me to wear it. They tend to get testy and critical.

I offer this to you in all seriousness. Sure Computers and Software should be perfect but they are not any more than the people who make and use PC's/Software are perfect.

Perfection is the individuals job and responcibility who puts their name on the Bill and expects payment.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

My You Tube Channel