Interior Door Trim and Color

I can set both the trim style (profile) AND trim color for an exterior door independently for the outside and inside trim in CA 9.0. But when using the Door Spec/Materials Tab (or defaults settings) for interior doors, no matter what I set the "Exterior Trim" color to, in 3D view the trim color on BOTH sides is always the same color, which is the color assigned to the "Interior Trim".
    (1) How do I assign different colors to the interior and exterior trim for an interior door; and (2) How do I select different profiles for the interior and exterior trim for an interior door?

Thanks,
    Bill K

Bill,

I see your point. A possible work-around would be to set up the door on an exterior wall (where you can assign different materials) and then copy-paste the dorr to the interior (It might be a trial and error deal to get the right trim on the right side but that might work untill they refine the code for interior doors for the next version.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

David,
    Thanks for the response. I tried your idea and it did not do the trick because when I copied an exterior door to an interior wall the exterior door took on the properties of an interior door. Yeah, since the code is already written for exterior doors, it should be fairly easy for CA to make the color and trim options available for interiors doors in the next version.
    Anyway, here is what I noticed for Interior doors on the Materials Tab of the Door Specification dbx (ref rainbow settings): (1) The "Doorway/Exterior Trim" setting controls nothing, (2) The "Doorway/Interior Trim" setting controls the color of the jamb only, (3) The "Interior Casing/Molding" setting controls the color of both the interior and exterior trim.
    CA should properly re-label these "rainbow" settings for interior doors to avoid confusion, or better yet, have the same options available for interior doors that are available for exterior doors.
    Let me know if I am off base on any the above.

Thanks
    Bill K