Inserting applicances into cabinets

Dear Group

I have recently run into some difficulties with inserting an appliance into a cabinet. According to the online documention in CA9, from the Symbol Specification dialog box under the Options tab, checking the "Insert into cabinet from" box

"Fixture will attach itself centrally to the front of a full height cabinet"

When I attempt to do this, the applicance is inserted into a base cabinet. I need for the appliance to be installed into a full height cabinet do that I may add some doors on top. Is there anyway in CA9 to have the applicance inserted into a Full Height cabinet from a base a base cabinet and visa-versa

Thanks

Marcus

Marcus,

You must place an empty Full Height cabinet where you want it and then place the appliance into it from the library. Then you will get the expected result.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

you can also 0 the counter top and edit the ht, etc of a base cabinet to make it into a tall cabinet