Thread: Kohler Symbols

Kohler Symbols

I have a Kohler sink from their CD. When I import it into Chief through the Symbol Wizard the sink bottom sits on top of the base cabinet counter top. How do I get the sink lowered down (Z coordinate) so it sits in the cabinet's counter top not on it? I do not know why I am unable to do this without have to make a custom couter top with the hole (this is a lot of trouble). I went through the sample plans included with Chief and with the Cape Cod, they were able to accoplish this. The sink was properly inserted into a standard counter top without the use of custom counter tops. Why can't I accomplish the same?

Thanks

Marcus

use the open symbol icon and in the 3d tab check specify origin and enter a negative number in the z-axis box. i.e. -5, this value will depend on the depth of the sink you are using and if it is a drop in or under mount

The Kohler files have the origin at the bottom of the sink chief's uses 0 as the counter top...so 0 in the dwg needs to be under the lip of the sink for a drop-in or an under mount sink needs the top of the rim to be lowered the thickness of the counter

The Kohler sink symbols have their origin in the center at the bottom so you will need to have a negatve number for the x value as well as the z.

Which one do you want I will set it up so it will work for you?

any number other than 0 for the x axis on the kohler files will shift the sink sideways in the cabinet...unfortunately the counter hole does not go with it or this could be useful for sinks that are not centered in the cabinet