varied cabinet reveals

I am drawing a full overlay kitchen (1/8" reveal). The situation is that the wall cabinet is two doors high with a detail bead horizontally across the face of the wall cabs. The lower cab has an 1/8" reveal right, left and bottom, top is 1-3/8" to accommodate the bead. The upper cab stacked on top is 1/8" right, left and top, bottom is 1-3/8". I have attached the designer's detail drawing.

Another situation in the design is right and left extended stiles. I am not getting larger stiles with the full overlay selected. My question here is: Is there somewhere that I can define the door sizes, and face frame reveals, independently from right, left or top bottom?

I am also having a hard time with a blind wall. In order to position the doors with a larger stile, I have drawn two cabinets. Looks ok in elevation but the plan shows 2 cabs. Is there a blind wall cabinet somewhere that I can modify to the dimensions I need?

Thanks for any help and advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face fram.jpg 
Views:	877 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	51129  
    Patty Northrop
    Chief x4 (10/2011)
    AutoCAD V10 thru 2006
    nothing special for PC or printers/ plotters
    Windows 7 Home Premium (Ver 6.1) 64-bit

Good morning Patty. I think no one has answered because there is no easy answer. I'm not going to say it's impossible to achieve what you are after using Chief Architect, but I bet you can see impossible from where you will be. The only way to adjust the cabinets is by whats in the cabinet dialog box. No adjusting door sizes, but by playing around with all the settings in the various tabs of the DBX you may get very, very close. The next options would be to build a custom cabinet box and door using solids and slabs, but I suspect that would be too time consuming.

I love Chief, and make my living using it, but when it comes to the custom, or higher end retail cabinet jobs I do, I use Chief to "sale" the job, but usually turn to 2020 to get the specifics I need before processing an order or creating a set of specifications for the project.

As for the blind corner...I think Chief will do an automatic blind corner for you , but you may have to turn off the snaps and the auto fill feature to get the corner cabinet to not only behave correctly, but look as it should in the plan view.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

This is what I get when turning off the automatic filler option, and leaving the automatic blind corner option on.

They can be found by clicking the wrench tool in the toolbar and then look under cabinets>general
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAB.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	51140  
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

I pretty much only use "full overlay" or the "frameless" option for quickies. The 2 brands I use most often have different horizontal overlays top and bottom.

If I need the overlays to look right or I need extended stiles (every job) I use "traditional overlay".
    Then you can control the stile width/overlay to get an extended stile. You can also get varied horizontal reveals. But to do that you will have to change the stile widths so they and the openings are incorrect.
    You can have correct doors/drawers and reveals OR you can have correct stiles/rails and openings. Can't have both if reveals are not all the same.

When I need to show correct openings I copy the cabinet somewhere else, delete the doors/drawers, adjust the rails, and take a section (the only way to snap dimensions to rails is in section). I delete the doors and drawers because they will now be off. Or export to CAD. Usually only need one or two cabinets shown that way so not too bad.

but usually turn to 2020 to get the specifics I need before processing an order or creating a set of specifications for the project.
    Interesting, I do just the opposite 2020"s magic disappearing "user dimensions" make me crazy (among other things).
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co