Threaded View

Since no one is going to bother to read this post anyway, I can say what I want.

LET me attempt to clear up some of Scott's confusion and some others.

There is NO such thing in chief as TP (Terrain Perimeter) elevation. So there is nothing to set. All references are (fixed) to 0 -- assumed to be sea level. It CANNOT be changed. This has been explained before and generally does not cause a problem except to surveyors and builders who usually reference to a local marker. if you have no terrain , terrain level is assumed to be zero, if you have a terrain, it's whatever the elevation data says it is (default 0) , always in relation to 0 (sea level ).

Pad elevation is related to wherever the center point bottom foundation level is to its location on the terrain surface. And is given in relation to 0 - sea level - explained before.

Contour elevations are +- to sea level 0.

Everything is Okey-Dokey unless you get surveyor's data referenced to a local Surveyor's marker level, thus the confusion between sea level and elevation data. You CAN NOT bias the 0 point (sea level).
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.