Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    Scott:

Chief determines that average then adds the floor1 platform height then adds 6" when using auto-calc

this height is where the house sits and is "house 0"
    Lew
    AVERAGE, AVERAGE, don't talk about AVERAGE!!!

Here are Chief's rules from the help.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The program automatically positions Floor 1 a set distance above the terrain. To do this, it first finds the center point of the building footprint. Then, it determines the elevation of the terrain at that point. Finally, it adds 6” (150 mm) plus the thickness of the floor platform and treated sill plate to this value. The resulting value, referred to as the Building Pad Elevation, is how far the default height of Floor 1 is above sea level in the current plan. See Foundations and the Terrain.

In a plan with a foundation present, the Elevation distance will equal the exact terrain elevation at the building footprint center point, plus 6” (150 mm), plus the thickness of the floor platform.

• In a plan with no elevation data, the ter*rain is assumed to be at sea level and this Elevation distance is 6” (150 mm) plus the thickness of the floor platform when a foundation is present.

• In a plan with flat terrain at 100’ (30 m) and a foundation present, the Elevation distance is 100’ 6” (30.468 m) plus the thickness of the floor platform.

Once terrain has been built, the Elevation distance is stated in the Terrain Specification dialog. You can specify a custom Elevation value to produce a daylight or walkout basement. See General Tab.
    ------------------------------------------

I just checked and Chief follows these rules
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.