Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    Scott

Correction -- Somewhat!!

Lew's plan was without a foundation and Pad Elevation was at 539.5, once you add a foundation, pad elevation jumps to 547. Without a foundation, Terrain under the building is set at the bottom of the floor joists. With a foundation, it is set at 6" below the top of foundation. I'm thinking that without a foundation, chief only adds the floor joist height (12), and forgets about the extra 6" which would account for my error of 6".

If you like, I'll post a video of how I looked at this graphically.
    The terrain perimeter height is set at the lowest elevation data. in this case 240" Everything starts form there.
    I don't think the contour lines show correctly - But I don't understand what they are try to say??

Right now, I have to shovel snow!!
    But Gerry, I can show the contour elevations correctly. That is part of the point of this thread. I can show contour elevations correctly, but I am not sure anybody else can including Doug. I am trying to point out how inane the current method is, I am trying to point out how most users do not understand this, I am trying to point out that this needs to be improved.

Gerry, I am not confused, I understand this, I can do what I want. It is you and others who do not fully understand this, the evidence being that you concede the contours are not called out correctly.

I am on your side and the other users side, I am trying to improve this program by conveying to Doug the problem with the current set up.

I wish you guys would go back to the very first thread and take the challenge. If you and others would take the challenge you may understand what I m trying to convey.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall