walls autogenerating through 2nd floor

Having these walls auto generating through second floor. I am guessing it has something to do with the balcony I have created with invisible walls...there is also an exterior pony wall involved that the first floor roof butts into. I have been trying to figure it out for way to long this evening (combing through videos, etc), but with no luck. If anyone has time to look this over I appreciate it.

On the second floor I have labeled the problem walls in pink. That 2nd floor exterior pony wall above the stairs is also creating other issues...the flooring poking through the wall over the stairs, siding on interior walls on balcony, etc. I have a feeling there has to be an easier way to pull of this shape. I am all ears for suggestions on how to do this building shape or videos to watch, etc. Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    X5
    ASUS G74S Laptop, Sharp 26" 1080P LCD Monitor
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    16 GB DIMM , 2.2 GHz Intel
    750 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

Tucker,

When you try to select a room and open it's dbx, notice that you only get the external room, no internal rooms.

The problem walls are auto generated attic walls.
    There is 1 bad wall junction in the top left hand corner of the 2 storey section which means that you don't have enclosed rooms. Drag the vertical wall back and redrag in into the horizontal wall correctly to fix the joint. The attic walls will now not auto rebuild.

You will now be able to select the individual rooms instead of the external room you were getting before.

There is 1 other auto attic wall over the stairs in the attic space - that should resolve itself when you build your stair opening and clean things up a bit.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

thanks! Two of the walls that were occuring weren't actually a problem until my last efforts to fix the auto/attic wall above the stairs....when trying to address the stair auto/attic wall issue I rebuilt that 2nd floor pony exterior wall several times trying to resolve the one wall by the stairs and I guess I did not connect it the last time around(overlooked that obvious one due to frustration with the other auto/attic wall on the balcony).

So I have been trying to address the attic/auto generated wall at the top of the staircase and still cannot seem to get it. Some things that I am noticing in my failed efforts to address this:

1.If I do not connect the 1st floor wall below the stairs to the bedroom wall on the first floor it does not generate the auto attic wall through the balconyand if it is connected it generates.

2.When I delete 2nd story pony wall I get an auto attic wall from the 1st floor wall below, but it only generates beside the stairs and not behind the kitchen.

3.When I try to create a stairwell I am told there is no floor above.

4. The doorway I am placing in the 2nd story pony wall is not showing correctly on floor plan.

5.When I applied a material color to the exterior siding/upper part of my pony wall it changed the drywall/lower part of my pony wall to a siding material as well as the color I was applying, and I now can't seem to get the drywall material back on the lower part. (in the attached ZIP there is a primitive solid covering the siding on the lower portion of the pony wall).

The program is obviously not recognizing my attempts to create this balcony configuratoin and my pony wall is an issue. Here was the madness to my method: I built the first floor exterior/interior walls, manually built the second floor exterior walls using a pony wall for the wall the first floor roof butts into, aligned my second floor exterior walls with 1st floor exterior walls, went to the first floor and built the first floor 12/12 roof, went back to the second floor to build the balcony with invisble walls, inserted the doorway in the exterior pony wall, built the stairs, and then built the wall under the balcony that is creating the problem auto/attic wall.

What am I doing wrong with balcony and this pony wall?
    X5
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

Here is a link to the videos, worth watching

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....741#post422741
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott, Thanks a ton for taking time to help with my mess! You obviously have a solid working knowledge of the program, but also a great charismatic, informal way of presenting the info and a clear thought process...so many of the videos are monotone and boring and don't do a good job showing the thought process.

I watched the videos and they helped address the major issues. I know you will be shocked, but I am still having a couple issues with this balcony/pony wall construction. If anyone cares to take a crack at this updated mess zip check out the labeled camera views and #3.

1. what the **** camera view
    2. wall ghosting on ceiling above stairs camera view
    3. why are these doors placing as exterior doors
    Attached Files Attached Files
    X5
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Scott, Thanks a ton for taking time to help with my mess! You obviously have a solid working knowledge of the program, but also a great charismatic, informal way of presenting the info and a clear thought process...so many of the videos are monotone and boring and don't do a good job showing the thought process.

I watched the videos and they helped address the major issues. I know you will be shocked, but I am still having a couple issues with this balcony/pony wall construction. If anyone cares to take a crack at this updated mess zip check out the labeled camera views and #3.

1. what the **** camera view
    2. wall ghosting on ceiling above stairs camera view
    3. why are these doors placing as exterior doors
    I have added... or I am adding part 3 and that should address the rest of the mess.... and that is the rest of the story.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    a great charismatic, informal way of presenting the info and a clear thought process
    Ya, my thoughts exactly!
    Gary Doski
    3 D Homes Design Services LLC
    Certified Chief Architect X5 Trainer.
    Ver. X5, thru X1
    I train you on your jobs!
    Learn & get your work done at the same time!

Building Official- CT
    203-270-0646 fax 203-304-2101
    garydoski531@gmail.com
    www.3dhomesdesign.com

Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit
    i7 975 3.3 GHz 8 cores
    Corsairs 12Gb Ram
    Radeon ATI 9870x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    Ultra 1600 watt PS

Thanks, for part 3 Scott!
    X5
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3GB DDR5

thanks again for helping Scott! I had one more view on the attached Zip in my post #5 that Scott didn't see when helping me out (he actually did catch the gap by the railing when addressing one of my other mess issues).

For anyone interested, thought I would update:

I tried to mess with the areas in question in that camera view for a while, but still couldn't figure them out. One was a gap in the wall finishes where my railing was meeting the wall and the other was a piece of ceiling that was generating on the wall above the stairs. The camera view in post #5 was "what the he11 camera view".

I sent this question into tech support. They said that both issues where incorrect program functionality that needs to be fixed. They thanked me for pointing these things out and suggested correcting the gap in finishes by the railings with a piece of soffit and for the area above the stairs to define the stair area as a room and go to room specifications and then structure and then delete the ceiling finishes.
    X5
    Nvidia GTX 560M 3GB DDR5