Exclamation T & G vaulted ceilings

Can anyone help me get tongue and groove on my vaulted ceiling. I've gone to ceiling finishing in the room spec, and also made my sheething T & G in the roof plane box. It's killing me. Thanks!

Did you try doing it in the structure tab > ceiling finish?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Thanks for getting back. Yes i did try that. I found my answer though. I went to camera view, then chose the material painter, then chose decking and painted it. That was the only way i could get it to work. Thanks for the input though.

The material painter was my next suggestion .... then I discovered my X4 texture folder is empty .... yikes, what happened with that I don't know! Glad you got your answer - now I have to go sort out my issue.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Curt, one time I accidentally moved a lib folder to another folder, and found it with a search. Almost pulled my hair out, it would be nice to lock it.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Actually, I didn't really mean to say material painter. What I was trying to use was the rainbow tool ... which apparently wasn't the correct approach to use. Just talked to Nigel at tech support and was told that Chief now handles textures in a much different way then before, with more built-in protections included so we can't screw up our libraries etc.

In trying to use the rainbow tool to change the ceiling material to a T&G type material, it opens the Define Material dbx, and it appears that the only way to get a new material applied is to navigate to the new material's texture file. When I navigated to My Docs > CA Premier X4 Data > Textures, the folder is empty (zippo - nothing there). I guess this is by design ... so us novices don't destroy our texture files or whatever.

The correct way is to use the material painter which nicely opens up the Select Library Object dbx and from there you can quickly navigate amongst the materials folders to get whatever material is desired.

I initially suggested just changing the ceiling material in the room's structure tab. I really don't understand why that approach didn't work - but going that route doesn't change the material (drywall) shown in the 3D camera view, regardless of how I had defined the ceiling material itself.
    Curt Johnson

X5