Attic wall issues . .

I have a plan with multiple ceiling heights running along an exterior wall. I am not sure if I am modelling this correctly, but I can't seem to clean up my attic walls. I have been told that if you break walls here and break walls there, it should work. My usual work around is to add a siding layer with polylines but I would like to learn otherwise. Please teach me what I am doing wrong . . .

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attic wall.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	50939  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Charlie Heyn
    X1 THRU X5
    www.i4homedesign.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tundara Homes View Post
    I have a plan with multiple ceiling heights running along an exterior wall. I am not sure if I am modelling this correctly, but I can't seem to clean up my attic walls. I have been told that if you break walls here and break walls there, it should work. My usual work around is to add a siding layer with polylines but I would like to learn otherwise. Please teach me what I am doing wrong . . .

Thanks for your time.
    Could be fun, I will look into it in the AM.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Here is a link to the videos, sorry a bit long.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....136#post422136
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott,

I am very appreciative of the time you take to try and understand the style and the method of design of others like myself. I realize that we do things differently. I value the criticism both constructive and otherwise. For you to drop in and make sense of each project is commendable. Thanks for the suggestions. The one that did it for me was the wall definitions roof designation. I never noticed the lower wall cut by roof dialogue before. That was the answer and I am sure it will save me time on many projects as this situation often occurs.

As far as the roof goes, they are trusses with an 12" energy heel.

The offending attic wall by the entry was created because the entry has a common ceiling height with the main house (at 109.125") The laundry room and rear entry has a lower ceiling height but the roof for the garage cuts through both rooms. Break the wall where needed and designate the siding wall as interior 6 below and all is gravy. . . thanks again.
    Charlie Heyn
    X1 THRU X5
    www.i4homedesign.ca