Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey View Post
    Just wanted to give you some more info that might be helpful.

You should not have to delete a layout box and resend it just to change the layers or layer set associated with it.

If you select a layout box and look at the Edit toolbar, you should see a button called Layout Box Layers (it looks just like the Display Options button). If you click on it, you can open the Layer Display Options dialog and change the layer set used for the layout box. You can also change any of the layer settings that you want. -Thanks Dermott, I've been trying to do that for several versions but using the layer tool at the top and getting no layer options. Did not notice the "check" icon at the bottom in the edit tool bar and now see the various layerset options. That's great and will save on not having to resend to layout to get the desired layerset to display.

The one catch is that if you change any of the layers that would affect the 3D model, and your view is a cross section view, you will not see the changes unless you open the view and close it to update it.

Of course, you can always delete the layout box and just resend the view too but I just wanted to make sure that you knew that you don't always have to.

Also, for those that may not have realized it, there are a couple of other useful tools on the Edit toolbar for layout boxes. You can change the scale used for the view and even relink the layout box to a different plan file. Both of these can save some time so that you don't have to delete the box and resend a view. I've been using these two for years and the relink tool has been great when revising the plans under a different "saved as" name. Can't remember what version but these were two excellent on-the-fly user friendly features.-
    Thanks for the extra commentary, It's nice when the person(s) trying to offer help, gains some extra knowledge in the process. Have a Great New Year.-Brad
    Last edited by Bradley Boltz; 12-31-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling, not Aaron
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4