Threaded View

'Live' Section Question

I've been moving to more and more 'live' elevations and sections as my models become more accurate and wonder how live sections update and why. I have a live section that I've heavily annotated and just realized the floor is raised on a stem wall with a small crawl space instead of the monoslab I currently have modeled.

I've saved the floor plan so I can experiment because i don't want to lose the annotations in case I make too many errors in switching the foundation.

Here's my question. I have both the floor plan and section views open and when I delete the foundation level nothing changes in the section view. The original foundation still shows up as an unchanged mono slab. So is this section not as 'live' as I think it is? The framing has updated to TJI's that replaced the 2 x 10's originally modeled so it seems to act 'live' but the foundation remains unchanged even when I delete the entire floor.

I think this is pretty easy but am stumped at the moment.

Thanks for any help.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic