Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wall Covering Problem

I'm having an issue with my wall coverings. In the materials tab of the room specification box i have selected a paint color for the walls. The wall color will not show up in standard 3d view, however it does show up in vector view. The problem is only with the interior walls. I can change the materials of the exterior walls and it shows up fine in standard 3d view.

Chief will display colors and patterns in vector views and textures in standard render views. My best guess is that your material still has a texture associated with it and that is what you are seeing in your render views.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey View Post
    Chief will display colors and patterns in vector views and textures in standard render views. My best guess is that your material still has a texture associated with it and that is what you are seeing in your render views.

There is no texture specified, just the material. This happens in every plan i've tried to make on every wall.

Speaking of wall covering, when doing a shower room, why does the wall covering also cover the inside of the glass walls. It can be seen from the outside of the shower room. I don't think it should cover the glass walls.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Speaking of wall covering, when doing a shower room, why does the wall covering also cover the inside of the glass walls. It can be seen from the outside of the shower room. I don't think it should cover the glass walls.
    Because it IS A WALL. You can always select that glass wall and put a glass material on top or use the Glenn Woodward method and temporarily call that shower room a porch..... but I bet you knew all that stuff anyway.... and Perry, when are you going to take the Chargers off our hands? Will you please speed this process up?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Perry,

You can prevent this by making the glass walls "No Room Def". If you still want a room, you can make an invisible wall and move it to the same location as the glass wall.

I can see a situation where someone might want a horizontal stripe or two on a glass wall, so I wouldn't want to totally eliminate that functionality. But maybe there could be an option - IAE I have previously asked for a "Wall Mode" for the Paint Tool.
    Last edited by Joe Carrick; 11-16-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks, Scott and Joe, and no!!! I didn't know that, somehow I missed it. Never seen a video on it. I'm lost without a football team in L.A. I just have no idea how to live without team.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Thanks, Scott and Joe, and no!!! I didn't know that, somehow I missed it. Never seen a video on it. I'm lost without a football team in L.A. I just have no idea how to live without team.
    Video on the way
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I feel honored, my first video, please don't rip me too much, treat me like a newbie.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Here is a link to Perry's very first video.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....351#post418351
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

"There is no texture specified, just the material. This happens in every plan i've tried to make on every wall."

I have no other guesses. You may want to post a plan that demonstrates the problem or contact tech support.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey View Post
    "There is no texture specified, just the material. This happens in every plan i've tried to make on every wall."

I have no other guesses. You may want to post a plan that demonstrates the problem or contact tech support.

The plan that i'm working on is too big for the forum so i made an example. The interior walls show up blue in vector, but not in standard 3d.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cjmark View Post
    The plan that i'm working on is too big for the forum so i made an example. The interior walls show up blue in vector, but not in standard 3d.
    Unfortunately, there is nothing in the plan, you must close file before zipping.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Unfortunately, there is nothing in the plan, you must close file before zipping.

Hopefully this works?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cjmark View Post
    Hopefully this works?
    It worked and here is a link to the video

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....411#post418411
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX