New Chief Architect Training Materials

I purchased Chief Architect several years ago, when it was called Chief Architect X10. I did not make this purchase on a whim. It was made after months of careful consideration and after comparing it with many other residential design software products. Since I acquired Chief Architect I have used it to create additions, pole barns, garages, and homes for many customers. My business Munson Drafting Service has grown, not with expensive advertising but because of the great plans I was able to create using Chief Architect. If I have any complaints about the software it would be that the software was difficult to learn and took a long time to fully utilize its potential value, in other words, a long learning curve. I did not have the money to spend for the one on one training sessions, or the webinars, or the expensive training videos. The greatest resource I had was a tutorial book from Star Training. A great book, however, now out of date, unless you are still using X1.

I have used my experience in the residential drafting profession and with using Chief Architect to write a tutorial book which expands on the Star book, expands on the Chief Architect training videos, and is updated through X3. The name of the book is Learning Chief Architect Step By Step. This book will take you from becoming well acquainted with the software’s interface, to developing a 2-story residential model, complete with dormers, basement, deck, porch, and landscaping, to creating the construction documentation. The book even shows you how to keep track of the time you spend on a project so that you can get paid for your work. The book has received many great reviews and is now being used in schools, both in the USA and in Canada.

Since finishing the book I have completed several advanced segments, or e-books, now being sold in a PDF version. These book further build on the skills acquired after reading through Learning Chief Architect Step By Step. More e-books will be added to this list in quick order.

The book Learning Chief Architect Step By Step and the advanced e-books can be purchased on my web site at www.chiefapprentice.com. This web site also has valuable information which any residential design business will find extremely valuable. And it is free on the Download page of the site! So be sure to visit the site often as more and more material is being added that will help you to achieve a successful business with your Chief Architect design software.
    Terry Munson
    Munson Drafting Service
    Kent, WA 98032
    Author of "Learning Chief Architect Step By Step"
    "Learning Chief Architect X4 Step By Step"
    "Become an Expert Using CAX4"
    "Automatic and Manual Creation of Roofs Using CA"
    "Residential Design Using CAX5"
    terrymunson2@msn.com
    http://chiefapprentice.com

CA vX5