Hybrid View

Windows Server 2008 Followup

Quote Originally Posted by portrait View Post
    Max and Doug, thanks for the information. They were really helpful for me.
    Ozgur,
    After making my post yesterday I continued to work with my Windows Server 2008 Installation, making several adjustments and keeping a watchful eye on the Events Logs under Administrative Tools for errors. I got things running well enough that I went ahead and activated the software (only one day left).

Today I was reminded I needed to download the latest service patch for my version of Chief which I did. Now that version is running better than ever before with no lag time at all. With the option I have now to run Chief with all the memory my system will support (8 gigs I think but not sure yet) I now plan to go ahead and add all the memory I can.

Maybe I spoke too soon yesterday because the more I use this system the better I like it. As I mentioned yesterday, this version of Vista does not come configured with all the fluff but rather focuses on stability, security and, of course, server side functions. Will keep you posted as I go. My wife and I are headed to Colorado for a week so will not be around to use it until after the first but I will post more after I have a chance to log in more time.

Edit: One more thing I wanted to add after thinking about it, I do like the fact that running this version of Vista is allowing me to inject new life in an older setup, making the need for latest and greatest unnecessary, at least for now while everything is still very uncertain economically speaking. Microsoft will be supporting this version for quite some time into the future as well.