Hybrid View

Max, thanks! That will be great! Please don't forget to inform us.
    H.Ozgur G.
    X5 Premium, Autocad, 3D Studio Max Design & V-Ray, Revit, Piranesi 2010, Lumion Pro 3.0,
    My Vimeo Page: https://vimeo.com/ozgurg/videos

Quote Originally Posted by portrait View Post
    Max, thanks! That will be great! Please don't forget to inform us.
    Ozgur,
    As I promised to do, I downloaded Windows Server 2008 and installed it today after burning the DVD. I am just now running it through it's paces after getting the graphics driver setup (nvidea GT 8800) which at first caused confusion until I realized server 2008 is Vista on Networking and Security Steroids and without much of the fluff enabled. I was able to convert the OS to perform as a Workstation easy enough.

It's pretty much Vista though. If you get it free that's one thing but I don't suggest paying much for it. I would go with Windows 7. For most it's cheaper anyway. I am not a huge Vista fan at all so will probably drop this pretty quick. Still up in the air for Windows 7 due to the many hardware and software issues I would have to spend a bundle on to be compatible. Just not inclined to go that road just yet.

One thing that I might suggest and I may try it out. The server disc I burned has all versions of the 2008 server so I can install the 64 bit version. That means I can go up to 16 gigs of memory with the standard version and even more with the others. Should be interesting to see how that plays out but I am not sure if Chief will even use it or not. Will get back on that one.