Threaded View

Test Demo Version Chief X4

Just finished testing a full demo version of Chief X4 on the system I listed above. I have to say I am very surprised at how ell the software ran on such an old system. Actually, I did a bit of research and found that a decent video card with pcie 2.0x16 rating can be installed in the old 1.0x16 pcie slot allowing the full use of X4 on this machine. Probably would have to purchase a higher rated power supply as well. I saw where I could pick up a choice from several Nvidia cards for under $100.00.

So, for maybe $150.00 invested into better graphics this machine, not only can run X4 but run it well and with great graphics. Depending on the card the resolution used might have to be scaled down slightly when installing a 2.0x16 card into a 1.0x16 slot but other wise there isn't a problem at all.

Point is my newer machine is far better than this one and even though it is a few years old it spins Chief X4 as fast as I could possible want it. You should see the older versions of Chief perform! So far so good! I guess time will tell if I find any hick ups. I will post more as I know it...