Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Marketing Floor plans

Here is a pic of a floor plan created by a local designer for a builder I also do work for. He uses Softplan and created these marketing floor plans right through Softplan without any need for photoshop or photo editing software.
    I am losing some of my marketing plan business to him because I cannot create this with the colors on the furniture, fixtures...etc without exporting and editing in photoshop. Not to mention if any changes are required, I have to export and do it all over again.
    As far as I know, I cannot get the furniture colors, fixtures, cars, doorways to come out like this if I try to do any color overviews. also, text cannot be added to color overviews.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to produce something that looks like this within chief? If not, does X4 address this issue?

Thanks In advance
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plan sample.JPG 
Views:	650 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	50157  
    Last edited by Esmalls; 10-19-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmalls View Post
    Here is a pic of a floor plan created by a local designer for a builder I also do work for. He uses Softplan and created these marketing floor plans right through Softplan without any need for photoshop or photo editing software.
    I am losing some of my marketing plan business to him because I cannot create this with the colors on the furniture, fixtures...etc without exporting and editing in photoshop. Not to mention if any changes are required, I have to export and do it all over again.
    As far as I know, I cannot get the furniture colors, fixtures, cars, doorways to come out like this if I try to do any color overviews. also, text cannot be added to color overviews.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to produce something that looks like this within chief? If not, does X4 address this issue?

Thanks In advance
    Eric
    Curses and Double Curses. We can't let no stink'n SP user get the better of a fellow Chiefer. We shall slay this evil interloper. As I write this I am in contact with my production unit, scheduling an early video shoot in the morning.

Will it be professional? NO! Will it hava a good story line? NO! Will it be well thought out? NO! ..... Why Not? Because my sound engineer is deaf, my director is blind and I stutututututttterr.

But we will give you color, we will give you text and we will help you improve your marketing....... stay tuned 'til tomorrow for the world premiere of ........ drum roll please...... Esmsalls Marketing Video.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Oh my gosh, I just realized that this was esmalls first posts since he joined in June of 2008...... hmmmm, is he a one hit questioner....... inquiring minds want to know..... should I pay my incompentant production staff to help me with the video...... do we think this will of value to esmalls? NO! We will never here from esmalls again, but does that bother me? No, me and my production staff will carry on and produce yet another unprofessional video ...k.. I

t
    o
    oy
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

iI raenlyte
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

My computer is screwing up, it's a mac and I recently switched over to the icloud, I should of waited until they got all the bugs out..... my computer is going nutty....... at any time my cursor will start going backwards as I am typing forwards...... unfortunately the computer is winning these battles...... ah heck, I think I will just go to bed.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Nope. Can't be done in Chief.

I lie.

Took about 15 min. just don't want to finish it. I got bored.

Andy.

Name:	plan sample cHIEF.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	50158  
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

You stole my thunder......
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

To be fair, he is showing some textures there rather than just solid colors. It would be nice to be able to quickly overlay text onto a orthographic overview.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Just to be clear, The example shown by Esmalls is not a orthographic view, it is indeed a painted plan view. In Softplan, you can "paint" the interior of any polyline with either a solid. image (texture), or hatch.

You can not do that in chief and, even with a Ortho view, it would not give the same effect since that walls would still show at a slight angle in the top view.

As you have seen, you can get close with solid colors. To me the difference is not that significant. But who knows what will impress a client? Some comparable "paint" functions may be helpful in Chief if it could be added without too much effort. AND text in Ortho views is long overdue.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    You can not do that in chief and, even with a Ortho view, it would not give the same effect since that walls would still show at a slight angle in the top view..
    Incorrect. The very definition of ortho-graphic means that it is not a perspective. It the walls were at a slight angle, they wouldn't be a parallel projection, which is what an orthographic view is.

As you have seen, you can get close with solid colors. To me the difference is not that significant. But who knows what will impress a client? Some comparable "paint" functions may be helpful in Chief if it could be added without too much effort. AND text in Ortho views is long overdue.
    You can get closer with an orthographic top view using the cross section slider and watercolor with line drawing and reducing the line thickness to one and the extensions and squiggle to zero. But, you can't put text on it.

Name:	Marketing Floor Plans.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	50165  

Chief X6 Beta

[QUOTE=sutcac;415825]Incorrect. o[/U][/B]-graphic means that it is not a

My bad. Your right.

One method to put text in a Ortho view is to send the ortho to layout as an image -- rescale, and overlay your text there. Same effect as Softplan - a little more work.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

I prefer rendered floor plans (ortho and 3d). Buyers prefer them too I think.
    Spencer Design
    Modeling and Rendering
    Click here to send me an email

One method to put text in a Ortho view is to send the ortho to layout as an image -- rescale, and overlay your text there. Same effect as Softplan - a little more work.
    Yes, that is exactly what the OP is trying to avoid.

Text & CAD for Ortho Views now!

Chief X6 Beta

Guys,
    You're right, I dont post on here alot. I try to be as self reliant as possible.

Thanks for the input. Problems lie in most of the areas you touched on.
    Cannot get text / Room labels / room sizes into the ortho plans.

Textures are limited with chief at best.
    Once the builder saw the softplan Marketing, mine no longer cut it.

What the SP user can do in minutes takes considerably longer in Chief.
    The Builders Realtor uses these color 2D floor plans in their brochures, and on their website. If chief could get this ironed out, it would greatly improve the marketability of my business. I brought this up at the last builders show in Vegas a cpl yrs ago to the guys at the booth, and they looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Can add text in PS, equal, or lesser?
    Spencer Design
    Modeling and Rendering
    Click here to send me an email