Line Drawing glass transparency

Using X4

Doing a elevation with line drawing and can not figure out how to make it so the windows are opaque. I know how to use the vector view opaque...but can not seem to make it work for line drawing.

I altered the material property to 0% transparency and this only works in render view...not line.

Do I actually have to assign a new material (non glass) to the window glass, just to generate this view?

Thanks!
    www.visualdesignanddrafting.com

X3 on Win 7
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    Intel Core i7-950 10% overclock
    12gb DDR3 1600mhz
    GTX 470 1.2gb
    Logitech G13 programmable keyboard.
    X8 Sidewinder mouse
    Designjet 650C

Uncheck "Use Transparency" in Render Preferences
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by moak View Post
    Uncheck "Use Transparency" in Render Preferences
    Thank you!
    www.visualdesignanddrafting.com

X3 on Win 7
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    Intel Core i7-950 10% overclock
    12gb DDR3 1600mhz
    GTX 470 1.2gb
    Logitech G13 programmable keyboard.
    X8 Sidewinder mouse
    Designjet 650C

Using X5, in Vector view I can't get Louvers to display as transparent...the sliding door glass can just not the louvers...is this a bug?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	57085

I assume the louvers are a glass material?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I assume the louvers are a glass material?
    After thinking about it, the question is irrelevant.. I think. If you made a psolid out of glass, would you be able to see thru it? I think not. Therefore I believe the ability to see through a window in vector mode is dependent on the window being recognized as a window, and I do not think the slats in the louvered window are recognized a a window. I do not think it is a bug per se, but I understand it is not working as we would like......... maybe someone will say otherwise.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott, just looked briefly at your video and noticed you mentioned how to tell which side of the wall is interior or exterior. This can be be decided quickly as soon as you click on the wall. By default, the wall default (AltQ) is set to the outside main layer. So, when you click on a wall, the outside of the wall will display the move handles. If you change the wall default (AltQ) to inside main layer, then when you click on a wall, the handles will display on the inside of the wall. This applies to all wall types. I brought this up a long time ago when I mentioned using the AltQ for aligning walls.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blair View Post
    Scott, just looked briefly at your video and noticed you mentioned how to tell which side of the wall is interior or exterior. This can be be decided quickly as soon as you click on the wall. By default, the wall default (AltQ) is set to the outside main layer. So, when you click on a wall, the outside of the wall will display the move handles. If you change the wall default (AltQ) to inside main layer, then when you click on a wall, the handles will display on the inside of the wall. This applies to all wall types. I brought this up a long time ago when I mentioned using the AltQ for aligning walls.
    Thanks T., I now get that, I get the fact that I can control the casing indepently on both sides of a window in an interior wall, however, the same cannot be said about a door located in an interior wall. This is a small programming limitation, not a big deal in most situations, but still limiting.

VIDEO OF TOMMY B.'S SOLUTION
    http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/TOM...NG%20VIDEO.wmv
    Last edited by dshall; 12-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

After thinking about it, the question is irrelevant.. I think. If you made a psolid out of glass, would you be able to see thru it? I think not. Therefore I believe the ability to see through a window in vector mode is dependent on the window being recognized as a window, and I do not think the slats in the louvered window are recognized a a window. I do not think it is a bug per se, but I understand it is not working as we would like......... maybe someone will say otherwise.
    Dshall,
    yeah mate, I've got the material set to glass but I think your response is absoluetly spot on. Its not really a bug and its not really ideal. It would be great if Louvers were recognised as glass. Anyways, at the moment I'm using X5 on this 10" Sony Viao laptop which doesn't have much grunt so proper renders are out of the question. I have a macbook pro and an iMac but haven't got around to loading bootcamp etc. Plus both of the macs are about 1.5-2yrs old so I'm not 100% sure they have the best specs for CA.

The louvre windows are a special type of window.
    The glass louvres are actually part of the Sash (Interior), and as such, the material for the louvres comes from the Sash (Interior) material - not the Glass material.
    It seems that when Chief included the louvre window type, they took a bit of a shortcut and designed the window by making the louvres part of the interior sash, and hence Chief doesn't recognise the louvres as glass.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Thanks Glenn. Is it possible to control the amount to which a window (in particular Louvers) can be shown as open similar to Revit ie. % of open/ closed
    Dave
    Chief X5

NO it's not.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD