Hybrid View

Loeki is offline Registered User Promoted

Copy plan to duplicate flats

Hi

I am just starting with CA, and I am struggling to find a way to duplicate my designed duplex flat to use in my terrain. Can CA do this? I would like to create a 3D view of the whole complex, without drawing all the flats over and over.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Loeki

Quote Originally Posted by Loeki View Post
    Hi

I am just starting with CA, and I am struggling to find a way to duplicate my designed duplex flat to use in my terrain. Can CA do this? I would like to create a 3D view of the whole complex, without drawing all the flats over and over.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Loeki
    Yes, several ways, trasform/replicate, multiple copy, copy/reflect, edit area, copy/ point to point..... Only 5 ways i can think of.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

It is something that you do carefully and with deliberation using the tools Scott has suggested.

You will want to use your existing plan for the single building and save-as a copy of that plan for your multiple building plan is my advice.

Why, you may make some mistakes or errors learning how to do this and it is good to have an unsullied copy to fall back on if things really go to Heck in a hand basket as they sometimes do while doing something new.

Also using a copy makes sense rather than a blank plan since the copy will have all your prior default settings of the original.

Where you need a copy of the building "higher or lower on the terrain than the original" than other buildings then you must adjust that instance of building as to floor heights per floor per building and manually adjust roof heights of such instances of buildings since roofs do not update, location wise just because you have changed floor height settings in Room dialogs.

For this same reason you do not thereafter automatically rebuild roofs since that effects all the buildings and unless you have been very careful in the settings of each building can waste a lot of your time picking up the "pieces".

You just have to think about what you are doing and how it effects each individual structure as your make changes.

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 09-23-2011 at 10:16 AM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!