Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mono slab problem

See the attached...

I have a mono slab situation, which I am absolutely ecstatic about the new feature by the way, the problem is that the wall on the side is correct but notice that my slab is extending to the outside of the wall at the front of the house. I can't get it to match the side wall. I've verified that the "Foundation to this line" is checked on the wall specs dbx. I've tried a bunch of options to no avail.

I'm actually amazed that I got it work with a basement. I'm liking this, just a dumb little glitch I can't figure out... any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mono Slab Issue.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	49073  
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    https://www.facebook.com/amddrafting
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Almost looks like it thinks it is a brick ledge???
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

It has to be a problem with your wall definitions. If it isnt the build to setting then im wondering ...Is the foundation wall double brick? If so, Perhaps u have the layers reversed?

Both side wall and front wall are identical, yet the situation is what it is... that's why it's such a mystery.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

it appears that the side wall is the only correct wall? It is the only one connected to the basement wall. It has to be a check box in either the wall dbx or the foundation dbx . post a plan more etes may be able to spot the problem.
    Graeme Taylor

currently loaded X3.1 & X4.2-64 bit & X5 64 bit
    also used v7 to x12
    AMD Phenom 2 black 980 3.7 GHz quad core
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    NVIDIA GEForce GTX560 1024Mb graphics
    win 7 -64 bit
    2 x 24 inch monitors

can monolithic slabs be edited manually? I havent tried myself. perhaps you can manually drag it back?

im still convinced that you have not got your walltype definitions correct. in any case...delete the offending wall and let it auto rebuild!

Aaron,

That front slab doesn't look like a mono slab to me.
    The slab at the back looks like a mono, but not at the front where you have the brick foundation walls doesn't.

Best to post a plan to save the guessing.
    Last edited by Glenn Woodward; 08-12-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Have at it folks. Prove me wrong please!

Actually, I've tried everything suggested to no avail. The reason I believe this is a bug is because it won't dimension to the line that is generated by the slab edge, but will dimension the the location the slab should be. It's the unfortunate situation with most of the houses I work on. They are buildable in real life, but that always seem to throw a glitch in CA's auto features. So I end up having to many work arounds.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by amddrafting; 08-12-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Aaron,

That front slab doesn't look like a mono slab to me.
    The slab at the back looks like a mono, but not at the front where you have the brick foundation walls doesn't.

Best to post a plan to save the guessing.
    The front is not technically a monoslab as it is a CMU foundation wall that is placed first, but the slab is still poured as a monoslab over the front wall.

What I'm finding for my situation is that I'm having to build the walls as regular stem walls since I need higher walls, then I'm able to go back and set the foundations to slab footings and it does exactly what I want it to do. It builds the slab over the walls and chamfers the concrete and everything. It was awesome until this little ditty.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

One more question, is it possible to adjust the stem wall height on a monoslab footing without changing the floor height or the structure size? I can't seem get what I need. If you look at the attached details we use the combination footings in the top right corner. I need a 12" high stem wall (4" for slab, 4" for chamfer, & 4" below grade) and the footing would then be sized accordingly. It's just soooo close to working that I feel I might be missing something. In the cross section I can just adjust the auto CAD details to show what I need, but would love to generate it without doing that. I can accomplish this just fine w/o monoslabs, but then I don't get the chamfer I need.

Just wondering if this is possible.
    Last edited by amddrafting; 08-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Quote Originally Posted by amddrafting View Post
    Have at it folks. Prove me wrong please!

Actually, I've tried everything suggested to no avail. The reason I believe this is a bug is because it won't dimension to the line that is generated by the slab edge, but will dimension the the location the slab should be. It's the unfortunate situation with most of the houses I work on. They are buildable in real life, but that always seem to throw a glitch in CA's auto features. So I end up having to many work arounds.
    I cannot open file, nothing there.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I cannot open file, nothing there.
    try it now. Sorry
    Aaron D.

President
    AMD Drafting, LLC
    Lubbock, Texas
    www.vintagetownship.com
    X3

Quote Originally Posted by amddrafting View Post
    try it now. Sorry
    Aaron, I spent some time on and have not figure it out yet. I will post a video (when it is ready) if you are interested in watching. Bottom line is I believe the effect that you DO NOT WANT is actually the wall behaving as it should. The behavior that you DO WANT, is the wall behaving as it shouldn't. But somehow you stumbled across a possibly workaround for this. It is very interesting and a mystery.

Forget it, I will not post the video until I do a better one.... but this is a good problem, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by dshall; 08-12-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Here is the video, 4 minutes long maybe. This is very interesting, I am also posting Aaron's plan that I stripped down to do this video. I am also showing how this behaves after I move a wall that should have nothing to do with view.

http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/AAR...ER%20VIDEO.wmv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before wall move.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	49100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after wall move.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	49101  
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I did it! I will post the video as soon as it is uploaded.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX