1/2 wall in door opening help

I am trying to put a ½ wall into a cased door opening to create a pass through and a cased opening together. When I move the wall into the opening, the opening disappears. Any suggestions or work around? I am using X3 Build 13.4.2.7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 1.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	48384

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	48385

Thanks,

Eric

The best way would be to use a solid box as the half wall. You can not use a wall.

I want the casing and base to follow the opening. Boxes also?

Eric

I that case, suppress the casings of the opening. Then use solids to make up your casing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    The best way would be to use a solid box as the half wall. You can not use a wall.
    Incorrectomundo Big Joe, video coming
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Awesome. Exactly what I wanted. Thanks so much.

E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	48390  

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Incorrectomundo Big Joe, video coming
    Now I learned something - but I had to go to defaults to get the "0" separation for the windows. That led me to think about the corner window problem.

So, I put 2 pass thru openings in at a cornerand removed all the trim and casings. Then I pushed them together and pulled the edges into the corner space, which left just a post in the corner (only visible in 3D View).

Next I copied the insulation-air gap material to a new material which I call "Transparent" and set its transparency to 100%. The final step was to set the interior and exterior trim material for both of the openings to this new material.

Now we have a corner opening with a wall above and below.

Now that might be worth a video Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Now I learned something - but I had to go to defaults to get the "0" separation for the windows. That led me to think about the corner window problem.

So, I put 2 pass thru openings in at a cornerand removed all the trim and casings. Then I pushed them together and pulled the edges into the corner space, which left just a post in the corner (only visible in 3D View).

Next I copied the insulation-air gap material to a new material which I call "Transparent" and set its transparency to 100%. The final step was to set the interior and exterior trim material for both of the openings to this new material.

Now we have a corner opening with a wall above and below.

Now that might be worth a video Scott.
    For you Joe, I will do the video.... it is processing now.... went to computer shop, no fix on my 'puter...... not looking forward to talking with tech support on Monday..... it is going to be a long day I am afraind...
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX