Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Hi Scott,

I'm not following you regarding the "Door Symbol" layer. Why would it:

a. be on a different layer than it was originally? It's in reality a Cabinet with a Door, not a separate Door Symbol.

b. need to be hidden in Plan View?

Maybe you didn't read my prior post carefully. I suggested 2 cabinets, not a cabinet & a separate door.
    Joe, yes, I agree, a very thin cabinet for the door would be better than a cabinet door. The reason for the separate layer for the CABINET/DOOR would be so it can be turned off in plan view because depending on the actually thinness/thickness of the CABINET/DOOR, it may show in plan view and you may not want this since cabinet doors do not typically show in plan view.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I don't have a problem with the Plan View Display. The Block just shows as a rectangle with no extra thickness for the door. Of course, I made the cabinet with the door only 3/4" thick & set it co-planar with the front of the other cabinet.

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    Joe--No offense to anyone else, but I like your idea of the two cabinets the best but not blocking them. Just do them on the "fly". Well, that is, other than CA just giving us the option to put different doors on different sides. Have a great weekend all.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Quote Originally Posted by lgswe View Post
    Joe--No offense to anyone else, but I like your idea of the two cabinets the best but not blocking them. Just do them on the "fly". Well, that is, other than CA just giving us the option to put different doors on different sides. Have a great weekend all.
    I am deeply offended, but I think Joe does have the best solution.... Video to follow.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Here is the video on the upper cabinet with open back and a few more minutes of rambling at this link......

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....652#post399652
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX