Interior Doors (X3)

I have a question on interior doors. This might have been brought up in the past (if it has I apologize).

My question is:
    How come CA will sometime drop a door in a wall that will go from wall to wall
    (not allowing for framing/trim/shims/etc...), and sometimes it will make the door
    smaller to allow for that stuff?

Since I've been doing this for 4 years, it's second nature for me to just fix the
    door right away. But we've hired another person to help with drafting, and it's
    not as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us.

I've attached a plan to better clarify my question. All the doors I'm showing on
    the plan are the default to what CA dropped in.

Thanks for the help...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jonathan

If you double click on the selection arrow, a DBX pops up. You can then Check or Uncheck "Ignore casing for opening resize". That's what the difference is.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

All of those doors that I placed on that plan were placed at the same time w/o changing
    any settings....

How come some doors place like they're ignoring the casing, and some place like they
    aren't?
    Jonathan

So....clearly everyone is as stumped as I am.
    Jonathan

I have had the same problems and the same questions. I have checked framing and R.O. settings etc. in my efforts to resolve these door size issues. Now I try to make sure that hallways or wall sections I am putting doors in have enough space for the size casing I am using and that seems to work the best for me (most of the time) ... if it doesn't, I fiddle around with things until I can get it to work. I hate it when Chief gives me a 35-3/4" door size when I want a 36" size and I am sure there's enough space for one. I haven't checked to see if anyone has reported this behavior. My be worth a check of the archives as far as training your new office person. Then you can give him/her a better answer.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard