Threaded View

Alaskan son,
    I like that name! Welcome!

You did not start the Builder "aint" using no Engineer discussion, there have been many heated discussions in the past.

Perhaps it started when some residential builder new to the forum asks something like "What does an architect actually do" or "What good are Architects"? something like that.... This is where the discovery of just how many Architects are using Chief, is disclosed.... And this is where we as builders discover just how ignorant we really are... About everything... including "Who is your daddy" type of stuff... :Sly:
    I would not want to embarrass any Architects here by disclosing their names but I have befriended one or two... They are actually, not so bad... I am grateful for their advice and experience!

But, come on Richard....
    Yeah, sure you do... There's nothing like years of cutting and nailing wood to give someone an accurate idea of how a structure will perform in an earthquake.

Crap that! Your obviously the one that has not used a Residential Engineer in Alaska, Colorado or Wyoming?
    ELDON