Thread: Dallas Users

Dallas Users

WE HAD A MEETING!!! After years of trying we finally had a Dallas Users meeting that I set up. (The last one I went to before this was set up by the Chief Saleswoman years ago.)

We had 3 people, including me. Not much of a turn out, but I wish to thank the other 2 who had an interest. We learned from a very accomplished user. Thank you Heather, and Patricia.

Norm Driscoll
    Norm Driscoll (972) 740 0272

Norm, saw your post, how is the group doing. I would like to follow alone. Let me know.

Thanks,

Dallas Users

There is no group..or interest, as far a I can tell. I wish it were different.
    It did turn out good as I was able to help Heather with something, and Patricia pointed me to some stone samples I needed.
    I tied for years and it didn't work.

Your turn.

Norm

Norm,

I just purchased CA and if you ever or somebody wants to try to put together a UG I would be interested in attending. I don't have much if anything to contribute but hope to glean all that I can.

Jerry 972.423.4500 - www.korel.com

Dallas Users

You might want to try setting up a new group, and I would like to attend. I tried to get something started for 10 years or so off and on with NO success. Maybe it is my deodorant.

My intent was to help Chief sell more software and to give each of us a few friends to call with at problem.

As far as I am concerned, I don't care any more.

Norm
    817-801-8100

Norm,

Never say never. I know how frustrating it can be trying to get people together for a common cause that are also competitors. I myself barely know the program. I'm looking to learn from others. I've been an autocad user for 20 years and now wanting to see if this CA is something I want to go with. Even the local AUG had problems getting together. They out number CA users 1000 to one. I guess. I was once (1984) the Dallas Governor of the Dallas Chapter TIBD. I almost had to pay people to come to a meeting.

JK
    Jerry Karlovich
    Chief Architect X5
    W7 64 Pro
    Quad/GTX 570/8gb
    Positraction/500hp/NOS/Speed Shifter/Chevy SS
    www.korel.com

I'll attend. Even if Norm deodorant still the same bad one.
    Addy
    Windows 7
    Skipped X3
    Just begin to learn Chief X4

Quote Originally Posted by Karlo View Post
    I know how frustrating it can be trying to get people together for a common cause that are also competitors. I myself barely know the program. I'm looking to learn from others.
    JK
    Jerry, I'm proud to say that our Houston User's Group don't feel that way. I have a man from Hawaii that wants to join the meeting next month. He commented that no one wants to share their ideas or secrets about using the program because they are competitors. In our group, we are all there to help others in any way we can. Users helping users. We all learn something at almost every meeting. You do get some sort of self-gradification if you find that you helped at least one person.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Karlo and Addy, I would be happy to go through Chief and answer any questions or sit down and discuss anything about the program, the market, the President, or whatever, any time. In person or on line.

Tommy I would like to keep getting your email invitations to your on line meetings. I am not going to Home Shows at the moment, maybe if the market comes back before I pass away, I will see you at Reliant.

Norm