Dirty Cars - raytrace issues

Hi all,

I downloaded some cars from Google today but when they raytrace the colour comes out whacky. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dirty Cars.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	46510  
    Last edited by homesbydesign; 03-27-2011 at 03:37 PM.

change the color.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Tried that without success...

I have had a couple like this and I think it's due to the surface mesh. I have found a few rogue elements in the models. Not being an expert in modelling, I couldn't find out how to fix them, so ditched them.

Someone here might be able to look at them and perhaps fix if it's possible.
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

I'll do the same then, Thanks Rod,,,

Rod, (or anyone) - what are the best numbers for the "adjust Image properties" dbx? I play and play and can't seem to duplicate the nice results others are getting based on their submissions in other threads. (I did a search on this and can't seem to find the specifics on this particular issue). I noticed in a post from one of Wendy's items she likes to have "Use Tone Mapping" off and that does sharpen things up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image Values.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	46512  

As I use X1, we don't have that image adjustment. However, I usually find that when setting my lighting in POV for about 40% diffuse lighting and sometimes I up the contrast on final result by about 19%.

Don't know how that translates to X3 settings.
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

As Rod stated also, this occurs most probably because of surface properties of your models. In most instances it's possible to fix them in 3D Max, but there's nothing you can do in Chief. Also you can try tweaking them in Sketchup, but i have very little knowledge about this program- so i don't know how to make it.
    Another little possibility is that materials could cause the problem. If you didn't change the original materials of skp models, perhaps Phoebe couldn't raytrace them properly. Try Chief's general or predefined materials, if you didn't already.
    Anyway if you 'really' want to use these models, and no other method works, then send me the links to these cars, and i'll gladly try to fix them for you in 3D Max.
    H.Ozgur G.
    X5 Premium, Autocad, 3D Studio Max Design & V-Ray, Revit, Piranesi 2010, Lumion Pro 3.0,
    My Vimeo Page: https://vimeo.com/ozgurg/videos

Holmes,

I do mostly interior renders and I always raise the contrast and usually increase saturation some and maybe intensity a little. I have not worked with exteriors but I do believe the preference for exteriors is to not use tone mapping.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Quote Originally Posted by portrait View Post
    As Rod stated also, this occurs most probably because of surface properties of your models. In most instances it's possible to fix them in 3D Max, but there's nothing you can do in Chief. Also you can
    Anyway if you 'really' want to use these models, and no other method works, then send me the links to these cars, and i'll gladly try to fix them for you in 3D Max.

They weren’t that important to me portrait but thanks for your reply. There were tons to chose from and these were just a couple of the first ones I grabbed. The other two in my drawing were fine.