Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Bill. How do you find the "undo" speed? When in plan mode, i get some serious delay in clicking undo. About 2-3 sec per undo. Is that usual? i feel i have more than enough power to operate X3 and thought i shouldn't get any lag at all. Do you have any secrets for set up in Bootcamp? I have manually updated my nvidia drivers to the most current. I also find that my MBP runs pretty hot in windows compared to OSX, although i hear thats normal because windows only uses the nvidia graphics. Have you found this to be the case?

I have had no problems. In fact other than speed, I cannot tell a difference between running X3 in parallels or bootcamp. It's definitely snappier on Bootcamp with larger models.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Marc Kleinmann
    EGC Custom Homes
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 8GB Ram
    MacBook Air 2.13GHz 4GB Ram
    Win7 64-bit on Parallels & Bootcamp
    X3, Sketchup Pro 8.0
    [My Macs Rock]

Hi Bill
    Do you update your drivers regularly? Or do you rely solely on the updates that come for Bootcamp from apple?

How do you find the "undo" speed?

In preferences you can set the undo levels

but I don't think there is a setting for "speed"
    I think that is dependent on your computers speed ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Chief writes a complete copy of your plan file to it's temp directory each time you make a plan change. If you have 5 undo levels set in preferences you will see 5 files show up in the temp directory after making 5 changes. When you request an undo Chief reads the latest file in the temp directory. if you undo 3 times it will successively load the most recent 3 files in the temp directory. If undo is slow it is because of slow disk access reading and loading the temp file into Chief. To get the best performance with undo these temp files should be on fast disk. in the case of vmware you are working with an emulated disk that can be rather slow in terms of disk access times, making undo slow, especially for large plan files.
    Last edited by davethedesigner; 05-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Dave The Designer
    Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, Rejoice, for the Lord is near! Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thankgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will keep your heart and mind safe in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

Quote Originally Posted by aaronaspinall View Post
    Hi Bill
    Do you update your drivers regularly? Or do you rely solely on the updates that come for Bootcamp from apple?
    Hi Arron,
    I do go to the dark side, so to speak, and update the apple side to get any benefit that might come from apple for its' hardware once a week.
    I also keep auto updates turned on on the windows side and they are updated as it would be on any PC.
    When you use a windows operating system with the bootcamp utility you are actually using a PC.
    Bill WJW Drafting

V-X3
    Windows 7
    Quad core Mac pro

Quote Originally Posted by aaronaspinall View Post
    Thanks Bill. How do you find the "undo" speed? When in plan mode, i get some serious delay in clicking undo. About 2-3 sec per undo. Is that usual? i feel i have more than enough power to operate X3 and thought i shouldn't get any lag at all. Do you have any secrets for set up in Bootcamp? I have manually updated my nvidia drivers to the most current. I also find that my MBP runs pretty hot in windows compared to OSX, although i hear thats normal because windows only uses the nvidia graphics. Have you found this to be the case?
    Arron, this is the only drawback on the MBP that I have found, HEAT. You must, IMHO, install smcFan control. It is a free or shareware program. Here is the rub.....you must start the MBP on the Mac side start the Fan control to a high RPM and then restart (holding the option button) to Windows or PC mode.
    The Fan runs as long as the computer does not sleep. If it sleeps you must start over again to get the fan running again.
    I have had a heat problem where windows will virtually cook the computer if you close the lid and walk away. So don't. Shut down if you are finished.

None of the problems exist with the Mac Pro quad core machine as windows 7 runs cool and no difference from any good PC.

As I stated the only glitch is with the laptop MBP. I do almost all my work on the large Machine with dual monitors and use the MBP only to meet a client or If I am traveling.

On clicking speed or undo speed, I do not find any slow down at all with either mac. I also bought the MBP with greater HD speed and a upgraded graphics card.

Hope this was some help for you.
    Bill WJW Drafting

V-X3
    Windows 7
    Quad core Mac pro

Chief on mac

I'm sorry guys but.
    Big thing use Boot Camp to run CA on mac.
    What we need is Mac Version and that is it!!