Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charlie:

Here's a couple of pictures of a project I designed a year and a half ago. It featured an engineered concrete floor for the garage and also for the ceiling of a storage area accessed from the workshop below the garage. Both the garage floor and the storage area photos received a concrete slab overpour after I took these photos. A structural engineer provided all the design details for the floors and I never did get to see what they looked like. The concrete floor panels where manufactured in Spokane, WA and shipped to the project site near Pullman, WA. As I was told, the installation went quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schweitzer1697.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	46205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schweitzer1694.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	46206

Another insulated concrete floor form product I like the looks of is called Fortruss and is made by Beaver Plastics in Canada:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FortrussComponents.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	46202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FortrussAssembled.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	46203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FourtrussPouring.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	46204

I like this product because of the larger surface areas for ceiling drywall attachment as well as the larger areas to run mechanicals in. They have a great product manual in PDF format that can be viewed on-line or downloaded if desired.

I have also designed several new home projects that used the InsulDeck insulated floor forms for homes using in-slab radiant floor heating. As mentioned, all these types of floor systems require engineering.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I've done a few of these w/prestressed concrete. Here's a plan w/ some of them in standard widths, & the solids I used to create them so you can make whatever you want w/the solid subraction tools.
    Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Jim, you are very generous, thanks. I will take a look.
    Charlie Heyn
    X1 THRU X5
    www.i4homedesign.ca