Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by joey3032 View Post
    Becoming increasingly difficult to get the information you need on this forum without having to wade through all the BS to get it. I am considering starting my Chief forum as an invite only so that I can weed out the amateur hour monotony we are being subjected to.
    Sorry Joey, it's only amateur if you're not getting paid. Don't confuse amateur with ignorance (lack of knowledge) about a function or topic. I just never got around to properly setting up X4.

I had X1 on my shelf for well over a year before I got around to loading it on my older too slow computer and used it less than a month before upgrading and loading X2 which ran painfully slow until I got my i-7 earlier this summer. I only used X3 for one or two small jobs before loading X4 and did not take the time to find or load the "premium content" until today thanks to the kind help from Mr Doskey.

I recall trying the downspouts way back in version 10 or 9 and really found it easier to fake them with "white" filled cad polygons (closed polylines?) or just left them off so the corner boards would not be obscured in elevation views.

Now I'm trying them again, I'd forgoten that the downspouts display "dumb" in plan view, so I put it on a new layer and made the lines dashed to minimize the fact that the "hole" displayed in plan view is the "gutter hole outlet hole" instead of the lower cross section cut where the spout is adjacent to and parallel to the wall at the plan's cut plane. May have to add a "white" filled rectangle to make it read properly.

Well, I guess I am an amateur now because I sure as heck am not getting paid for writing this post:Sly:.
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad:

I don't see a need for an apology on your part

Joey is just being cranky - something he has been before

and has also asked for help recently as can be seen in these threads

http://www.chieftalk.com/search.php?searchid=873605

so I'm not sure what his problem is - maybe he is missing his jelly

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com