Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hay, those are fighting words, don't mess with my donuts but take my wife, please.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by joey3032 View Post
    Becoming increasingly difficult to get the information you need on this forum without having to wade through all the BS to get it. I am considering starting my Chief forum as an invite only so that I can weed out the amateur hour monotony we are being subjected to.
    Sorry Joey, it's only amateur if you're not getting paid. Don't confuse amateur with ignorance (lack of knowledge) about a function or topic. I just never got around to properly setting up X4.

I had X1 on my shelf for well over a year before I got around to loading it on my older too slow computer and used it less than a month before upgrading and loading X2 which ran painfully slow until I got my i-7 earlier this summer. I only used X3 for one or two small jobs before loading X4 and did not take the time to find or load the "premium content" until today thanks to the kind help from Mr Doskey.

I recall trying the downspouts way back in version 10 or 9 and really found it easier to fake them with "white" filled cad polygons (closed polylines?) or just left them off so the corner boards would not be obscured in elevation views.

Now I'm trying them again, I'd forgoten that the downspouts display "dumb" in plan view, so I put it on a new layer and made the lines dashed to minimize the fact that the "hole" displayed in plan view is the "gutter hole outlet hole" instead of the lower cross section cut where the spout is adjacent to and parallel to the wall at the plan's cut plane. May have to add a "white" filled rectangle to make it read properly.

Well, I guess I am an amateur now because I sure as heck am not getting paid for writing this post:Sly:.
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad:

I don't see a need for an apology on your part

Joey is just being cranky - something he has been before

and has also asked for help recently as can be seen in these threads

http://www.chieftalk.com/search.php?searchid=873605

so I'm not sure what his problem is - maybe he is missing his jelly

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by 5sheds View Post
    Thanks Brad, I have downloaded the Bonus library now and got downspouts or downpipes as we call them here!
    You're welcome 5sheds, what's a "Joey" down under?

It's ok Joey, I've checked out your website in the past and you put out a more detailed professional looking set of drawings than I choose to do. I've also agreed with you and appreciated your viewpoints on many issues. But the "amateur hour" did help two of us to fix our libraries. If I'm ever in Indiana, I prefer glazed (Krispy Kreme). -Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Thanks Lew,

it's ok, I get wound up and cranky too (pretty much daily). Besides, it's all fun & games as long as no one puts an eye out!

We're all just trying to make a living and find the "sweet spot" with this program. I appreciate the efforts and opinions of all the folks that post in this forum (and most certainly the replies and insight provided by the moderators and other Chief employees that help us here too.).

Have a great evening and why are you still here at this hour on a Sat.(rhetorical)?-Brad

Quote Originally Posted by RMorrison View Post
    Guys, stop it. This is NOT the chatroom. I'd really appreciate it if you can stay roughly on topic.
    Richard brought up a good question and topic - then there were a dozen or so remarks about text language and other goofy things. "Amateur hour" is a comedy term - which would have been Joey's review of the posts unrelated to the OP. I'm sure he was not directing his comment towards Brad or those who were looking to learn.
    Len Dalton
    v X4
    CA Certified Professional

Len:

you could be right ???

Richard's orginal post was back in March

then Brad posted a new question yesterday

so maybe Joey was responding to the "jokes" back in March

if so, I mistook Joey's post today to be about "amateur chiefers"

so I will apologize for reacting to Joey's "late to the party" post
    that may have been taken out of context

Lew
    Lew Buttery

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    Len:

you could be right ???

Richard's orginal post was back in March

then Brad posted a new question yesterday

so maybe Joey was responding to the "jokes" back in March

if so, I mistook Joey's post today to be about "amateur chiefers"

so I will apologize for reacting to Joey's "late to the party" post
    that may have been taken out of context

Lew
    What the heck Lew?

Now you're apologizing, maybe prematurely. I thought that "loving" Joey was never having to say you're sorry!:Sly:

Maybe we should all be apologizing to Scott regarding his post way back in March that clearly states that Chief's provided 3d gutter symbols are adequate and already provided. Anybody else concurr with Scott's downspout assesment?

I just used one after downloading all the extra content libraries (except all of those brand name cabinets) and it worked fine except for not wanting to snap to the exterior wall in the proper orientation (was rotated 90 degrees and parallel to the wall instead of perpendicular). I did modify it by putting it on a new layer "invisible symbols" and adding a cad rectangle for the downspout section to make it look better in plan (guess I should "block" it and learn how to save it back to my library.-BB
    Last edited by Bradley Boltz; 12-10-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: extra insight

Brad:

I was told decades ago - when in doubt do the "friendly thing"

so at this time I think I mistook Joey's post

so I'll leave it at that

Lew
    Lew Buttery

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051