Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe I misspoke and does not need to be closed. But why wouldn't you close it, after all we are making a molding which is a solid which has a front and back. Try this, draw a rectangle, Right click it and add to library........ Can you do that?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

sorry aabout the delay, had to go out for a while.

ok i have just drawn the following,
    rectangular polyline...cannot find any add to library button down bottom of screen
    a box....no luck
    a straight polyline using the cad line tool....no good

now if i do the above then choose the convert polyline tool then the add to library option appears. the trouble is with that option, any multisided object saves to the library as multple objects....eg a box would be 4 individual moldings each orientated in the direction of the side of the box they came from.

this is really wierd!

why would i have to choose the convert polyline option in order to have access to the add to library button?

(now this wont work by the way because once i choose convert, i can only convert the line or shape to a molding polyline or 3d molding polyline)

aha i know what the problem is....well i dont actually but what i do know is this, i have just gone to my desktop pc (it has the same version of x2 on it) and i dont have any problem.

god **** it all this stuffing around too.

question is, what is it about the template i am using on the laptop that is causing the problem i wonder?

problem solved.

so,
    essentially here are the symptoms...

1. i drew a line using the line tool and continued to add lines to get the desired shape.
    2. when i try to select the object i have drawn, only one line highlights...to get the whole shape i had to drag a box over the whole shape.
    3.no add to library button was available.

i reset all defaults and problem solved.
    when i draw a shape using lines i can now select the whole shape by just clicking on it in one spot (no more dragging a box around it)
    the add to library button is now visible

what setting was stuffed up????

oh i am such a dick!!!!

i forgot to turn off the "edit object parts" button!!!:o

sorry guys

You @$&@$@ knucklehead, if you had X3 you would of received an alert reminding you of this. This would of saved you 5 hours of wasted time at 50 USD/ hour and me 5 hours (of worry) at 50 USD/hr for a total of 500.00 USD which would of paid for the upgrade. So I ask you Adam, what is the first thing you are going to do Monday morning when CA opens for business?......... Uh Adam?.......
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

ahahaha funny you should mention that,
    i actually went to the CA homepage, enterred all the relevant infomation into the purchase section...and just before the credit card came out....i realised i had better prioritize things a little...so i spent $1800 on household bills for our two properties over here!

oh well, next month!