Threaded View

Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted

10 years later and windows still disappear in attic walls?

I took a couple of years off hoping Chief would become more stable, but endless hours later and I still have windows disappearing in attic cross section views. It's so tempting to use bonzai3d for modeling and export to cad for plans.

I'm pretty good at second guessing chief, not at all the best, but really, how good do you have to be before expecting a decent print in a reasonable time and how many achieve that without wasting way too much time getting there.

I actually love the layout tool for chief, too bad getting a model perfect enough is so time consuming. Some things are very quick in chief, no modeling program has all the conveniences that Chief has, but every modeling program I've used, particularly the new boolean programs, are so much more stable from drawing to rendition.

The first one that has a decent linked layout capability and I'm there. Can't wait for the future.

Please excuse my rant....I needed to publicly vent and besides Chief needs to hear this, **** attic wall.

Yes, rebuilt everything, it's all aligned from floor to floor, thank you wendy for the cut/paste regeneration fix. Obviously still not perfect. How about a pop-up that says what chief wants instead of everyone having to guess. They've certainly got a lot of my money over the years and patients, but I'm so going to be the first to bail when the going gets good and it's not far off.

Cheers, z