%designer.zipcode%

Since going to X3 from X2, %designer.zipcode% does not show up in my layout borders. Anyone else encounter this?

I believe this macro is broke ... I just noticed this in a title block on my layout and ended up just typing in the zip code. I didn't submit a ticket on this but suspected that it may have been done by someone else (perhaps a lazy assumption on my part) so don't know for sure if Chief Architect knows about this or not.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I also have seen this problem, I guess it serves me right to bring X2 layouts into X3. One reason not to do that even though its a quick fix. Chief has always suggested to use the profile layout and plan with each new version. When you have a 20 page layout pre-figured with details and notes , its hard to re-do with every new version. Just takes valuable time to do it. The save as method (SAM) works good, it a shame Chief can't figure out a way to use it and not worry about everything working correctly.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by rwdozier View Post
    Since going to X3 from X2, %designer.zipcode% does not show up in my layout borders. Anyone else encounter this?
    It is broken and I have reported it
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

This is fixed in the 13.4 update.
    Brian Beck
    Software Test Engineer
    Chieftalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post

I believe this macro is broke ... I just noticed this in a title block on my layout and ended up just typing in the zip code. I didn't submit a ticket on this but suspected that it may have been done by someone else (perhaps a lazy assumption on my part) so don't know for sure if Chief Architect knows about this or not.
    Yep - that's the field I use for job numbers, so you betcha it was submitted! And - I'm happy to see it's on the list of fixes in the update just released.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)