Threaded View

Adjust ceiling/floor height question

Hi all,

I'm working with an as-built plan that I created in X1 several years ago. The owners are now ready to remodel and have asked me to show them how various changes would look using their original plan.

I'm stumped by one request -- in a lower level room, they want to eliminate the drop ceiling and raise the ceiling height by 14". The model wasn't created with true-to-life framing, so there isn't enough room to raise the ceiling height 14" without running into the room above. I need the ceiling to be 110", but the floor above is only 108".

The solution that occurs to me is to lower the entire lower level by 14". Is this the best way to handle this problem? Or will that have the effect of lowering the entire house by 14"? If that is the best way, how would I do it? Can I just marquee-select the entire level and Transform it down z=-14" ?

Also, after opening this plan, my cursor now has two extra symbols floating around with it which I find very distracting. Does anyone know what these are and how I can turn them off?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room-dbx.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	44715   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cursor.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	44716  
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 | X5 | X4 | X3
    Thea Render

castleview3d.com | (585) 520-4329 | kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Follow us on: Facebook | LinkedIn | Houzz | Pinterest | Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"