Thread: Terrain

Terrain

We have a large site that we are fitting 30 units on.
    The site is to have a road winding up it.
    Have tried a few things but have not come accross anything that looks to flash.
    Was wondering if there is any way to draw roads up hills with bends in them & having them at a gradient that we specify, which will in turn cut the terrain as required.

At this stage we have tried drawing walls around the shape of the road which cuts out the terrain & then using soffit blocks at the gradient specified. trouble is when it comes to bends in the road it starts looking messy.

Has anyone got any ideas

Also is there any way to change chiefs standard north point to our standard north point

Cheers in advance

Brent
    Designer
    New Zealand

CA9 is the way to go. Amazing tools for land planning.

Roads, easy to merge, easy to curve with automatic selectible curbs, automatic merging curb cuts, roads/driveways that are side-to-side level floating on sloping terrain. Cul-de-sacs. Everything you specify floats with the terrain - features, fences, trees, etc.

I do not believe you can specify the terrain by specifying the slope of the road. Splines will have to be used to determine the grade.

North Arrow - no suggestions - I tried a couple of things and they did not work.

Mike
    Last edited by fitz; 06-09-2003 at 03:14 AM.

North Point

Brent,
    Of course the Chief North Point must be used when setting coordinates for site plans but, the pointer can be set to the same color as the background (White usually). This basically makes it invisible and will then allow you to insert your own North Point as a custom CAD detail which can be placed over the Chief NorthPoint and set in the same direction. While a workaround it's a simple one.

I just put the Chief north point on its own special layer and then hide that layer.
    I have another layer for my own north point and associated items.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD