Saltbox roof with different wall heights

Anyone know how to create a roof with different wall heights like in this picture? When I change the wall height CA still keeps the plane like its on an invisible wall. Any help would be appreciated.

There are ways to have this type of roof generate automatically but it might be better/easier to use manual roofs to start with. When you set the ceiling height for a floor or room you are setting the wall height. If you add a manual roof over a wall Chief will use the ceiling height, subject to the rafter cut ("Birdsmouth") to set the roof height. You can manually adjust the height of any roof plane in the DBX.

To do the saltbox you need to decide what heights you need for the look you want. For example, say you know the upper plate height and where you want the ridge. Once you have that in place you can read the height at the ridge. Then add the other roof plane, drag the high side (edge) of that roof plane to match the location of the other ridge that you set, open the DBX, lock the pitch and enter the height of the ridge to match the height you read from the other roof plane (with the ridge at the height you wanted).

You could also use drop down menu [Help/Contents and Index...] then type in "saltbox" and hit "Display" (Actually by the time you type "salt" you should already have "Saltbox Roofs" highlighted and ready to hit display).

I notice your image appears to have the same roof pitch on each side and the Chief description is for different roof pitch. The process is similar. Bottom line is you need to know what you want for the heights at different points.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

Hay, I got pop ups when viewing that post from "the mass" Spam?
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Hay, I got pop ups when viewing that post from "the mass" Spam?
    I also got one (pop up window) the first time I opened the view but just tried again and did not get one this time. <shrug>
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.