Hybrid View

thorn is offline Registered User Promoted

X3 Auto Deck Framing Question

I have auto deck framing tuned off in default settings. I have automatic framing turned off in all tabs for all framing. Under room specifications I have everything auto set to off.
    I adjust deck joist directions as needed, show a framing overview and all deck joists are back to where they were before editing. I’m lost…..Is there another auto setting I’m missing? Maybe there is one, but if not, it would be nice to have a “universal” all auto off switch

Bring up the room def for the deck & take a look at the deck tab.
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-3-2010 5-39-02 PM.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	44291  
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

thorn is offline Registered User Promoted
    Yep....checked that, everything I can find is set to auto off

I just had the same problem. There was a set of deck beams that I added and and I had stretched them to the house. They just would not stay put. The program kept asking me if I want to turn off auto deck framing, I would say yes. The changes would last for a couple of minutes and then voila, they had shrunk back down.

I also went though all my default lists and everywhere I could think of, turning off auto framing. I finally just left them until I was ready to print. I stretched them and they printed fine, but moments later they had shrunk again.
    Mark
    No. Calif.
    using X3, X4,X5

I7 -2600, 16GB
    ATI Radeon 6850
    24" LG monitor

Post the plans if you can. There's several different things that could be happening. I know you say that you have auto deck framing off everywhere, but........... a setting somewhere is causing the deck framing to rebuild.
    Are the room types "Deck"?
    If the the room type is something other than "Deck" & you have auto framing on.............We're just guessing w/out being able to see it.
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc