chief architect assistance

6-26-09
    i'm looking for someone in the Tampa area that has experience w/ Chief Architect.
    i'm thinking about buying the software and would like to ask questions, see an example of the work, etc, before i purchase.
    thanks
    robert byrd

Robert, not in Florida but send me an email and I'll send you some examples in pdf format.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

robert byrd

Robert:

CA's website has many samples for viewing and even has working documents that can be downloaded for review.

contact Tommy for additional info.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I'll send you two zip files. One with plans and one with renders. I assume you can unzip a file?
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Glad you liked them.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Robert,

Seeing completed work, even as a Chief file, may not tell you as much about whether Chief is for you as working in it, or seeing how things are done.

1 - Remember that they have a 30 day no-questions refund policy. If you buy the SSA with it, you get access to about 400 on-line training videos.

2 - I think there are some low or no cost training videos out there as well. Lew reads everything and knows where most of those are. Cheif Experts, DMZ, etc... Maybe he'll weigh in here with a list?

[silly mode on]
    Lew, Lew, you out there? Hey stop doing that paying work and pay attention here...
    [silly mode off]

3 - If you're busy enough right now that your time matters a whole lot more than money, you might even consider buying an hour of training, either from Chief or one of the other trainers (Gary, David, Louis, the other David... - search this forum, or maybe one of the will post here also) for the explicit purpose of them "training" you to do anything that might be more challenging. All software of this type does the easy stuff. It's the harder stuff that's specific to your work that may make the difference.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Robert:

Wendy has summoned

Yes, Chief offers personal trainers and there are others, who while not certified offer their tutorial skills for one-on-one training

I don't have a prepared list of free tutorials and tutors, check out the "offering services" section of this forum.

I do recommend that you check out the Chief Experts website at www.chiefexperts.com

Dan Baumann offers many live webinars and many recorded webinars as well as one-on-one training, there are free sections and paid sections.

Lew
    Last edited by lbuttery; 06-26-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    Robert,

Seeing completed work, even as a Chief file, may not tell you as much about whether Chief is for you as working in it, or seeing how things are done.

1 - Remember that they have a 30 day no-questions refund policy. If you buy the SSA with it, you get access to about 400 on-line training videos.

2 - I think there are some low or no cost training videos out there as well. Lew reads everything and knows where most of those are. Cheif Experts, DMZ, etc... Maybe he'll weigh in here with a list?

[silly mode on]
    Lew, Lew, you out there? Hey stop doing that paying work and pay attention here...
    [silly mode off]

3 - If you're busy enough right now that your time matters a whole lot more than money, you might even consider buying an hour of training, either from Chief or one of the other trainers (Gary, David, Louis, the other David... - search this forum, or maybe one of the will post here also) for the explicit purpose of them "training" you to do anything that might be more challenging. All software of this type does the easy stuff. It's the harder stuff that's specific to your work that may make the difference.
    Or you can do what I wish I had done more when I met my wife, download the free demo and play with it for an hour or two each night!

BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Boltz
    Or you can do what I wish I had done more when I met my wife, download the free demo and play with it for an hour or two each night!

BB
    Yeah, it might help to kick the tires a little before you buy. That goes for Chief too . . .
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpa_jones
    Yeah, it might help to kick the tires a little before you buy. That goes for Chief too . . .
    Too bad I can't get SSA and future upgrades. Wouldn't want the patches (not particularly fond of one-eyed women, except maybe Sandy Duncan!).
    Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4