lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted

Exterior wall not framing

On a large house I have a couple of exterior walls that will not frame. There are other walls of the same type next to the ones that did not frame that framed okay. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Check and make sure the walls "main layer" is set to a material that would show or be framing.

Make sure the wall connections are firmly set and do not appear anomalous in plan view.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Thanks David,
    I was trying to figure out why my addition's walls were not framing but the existing house walls were. Was revising an x2 plan and the problem stems from my not using any drywall layers on my new construction(addition) walls. Eg I typically only used a single layer wall for int framing and a 2-layer wall for exterior walls (stud & sheathing). However, on the As-Is existing portion of the house, I used 3-layers for int walls (gyp,stud,gyp) and similar for the exterior walls siding,sheathing,framing, gyp. For the new walls I would call the single stud layer-gypsum so that the interior views would look like drywall instead of wood. In the past I would do this because of dimensioning issues such as having dims locate vinyl siding etc. if I wasn't paying close attention when doing manual dimensioning.

All grexing aside, thanks for the simple fix that I overlooked.-Brad
    Last edited by Bradley Boltz; 07-28-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: grammer
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4