Thread: dwg to dxf

dwg to dxf

Anyone know of a reasonably priced conversion program? I may be about to take on 30 or so plans that are already in Autocad format and need to convert them over.

Free TurboCad 2D http://www.imsisoft.com/
    Nice file conversion.
    Charlie

Charlie,
    I can't find Free TurboCAD 2d I also need to be able to convert autocad drawings to Chief. Could you give me some more infor.

Thanks!

Fox,
    I found it(www.turbocad.com), but am having trouble downloading it. The site seems to be extremly busy. Wonder why???(maybe because it's free..)I'm still open to tother options from anybody else........
    Thanks

You can convert the dwgs to dxf and import them as a 2D image. They will not convert to CA format. The best thing is to do a dxf; import; block it and lock it; trace over with CA walls, etc. You could save your elevations, etc. as individual dxfs exported into seperate cad detail windows. These can be sent to layout sheets just like CA elevations. There are quite a few people that use both programs together.
    Charlie

------------------

JBWILKINS,

You don't need to buy anything. You can do it in autocad. Just export your drawings out of autocad as a .DXF file. Then import into Chief. Trust me this works I did this for 600 floor plans in about 4 days. 30 drawings should only take 2 hours.

JASON BUSSEL