Carport Issues!?!

Hello all,

I am trying to add a carport to a completed set of plans. The carport is connected to the main house via a small 8x10 breezeway. When I go to automatically generate the new roofs, it wants to change the existing roof on the house as well, and in ways that don't even make since. It's just a very simple gable roof, so I just am at a loss. Also, I wasn't really sure about how to corectly do the carport to begin with, so I drew a room with the invisible walls tool, and added columns where I needed them, and then labled the room for a garage, and the breezeway a slab. Is there another way? I am using X1, and am pretty rusty, but I just can't imagine this being to difficult. So, please help!!
    Thanks everyone!

You may have to do the carport roof manually ???

if you already have the roof on the house then try and generate the roof on the carport chief can change the roof on the house

you could edit each of the house roof planes and then lock them so that when you generate the carport roof and select the settting for "retain edited automatic roof planes" chief won't change them

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)