PREFRENCES NOT CONSISTENT

I AM CHANGING MY PROFILE TO HAVE ALL THE PREFRENCES I WANT. THE ONLY CONSISTENT PREFRENCE IS THE FONT I WANT. FONT SIZE IS CHANGING AND ARROW SIZES CHANGE. I THOUGHT THAT THIS PREFRENCE THING IS SOMETHING YOU CHANGE WHEN YOU CHANGE DRAWING FORMAT(PL*TO CAD)BUT THE SIZE SHOULD STAY THE SAME, YOU PICK THE MOST COMMON SIZE YOU USE AND CHANGE IT FOR UNCOMMON DRAWING SCALES. (EXAMPLE) EVERY TIME YOU OPEN A ELEV. CROSS SECTION YOU NEED TO SET YOUR TEXT PREFRENCES FOR EACH ONE. ANOTHER EXAMPLE IS ILL CHANGE MY PROFILE TO HAVE EVERYTHING TEXT,DIM,ARROWS SIZES AND STYLE AND ILL BUILD THE SECOND FLOOR, ILL HAVE TO GO IN AND CHANGE AROOWS FOR DIM'S THE TEXT STUFF WILL STAY BUT ARROWS ON DIM'S CHANGE.OR ILL BUILD THE FOUNDATION AND THE TEXT SIZES FOR TEXT AND DIMENSIONS CHANGE.

(I NEED CONSISTENCY PLEASE!!IM LOSING TIME AND MY MIND. (TOO MUCH DRAMA HUH))

ARE THERE SEPERATE PREFRENCES FOR EACH?

PLEASE TRY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND NOTIFY A.S.A.P.

I somewhat understand what you are refering to, I think. When you change these preferences in profile, are you then doing a save all, to your profile? I will assume that you are. (If not, be sure that you do ! )

There are various settings for diferent preferences throughout Chief and you kinda hafta look for them sometimes.

I would recommend starting by opening the profile PL1 file and then systematicly going through every DBX that you can find and changing things to exactly what you want, under normal cercumstances.

Start with the top line File, Edit Build Options 3D, Cad, etc. opening every pull down available and looking to see what is in there to be changed. IMPORTANT: SAVE ALL AFTER EACH CHANGE. I have suffered several crashes while changing preferences for some reason. (Haven't figured out why yet )

This will get you well on the way to time saving work.

There are several things that ,for some reason ,revert to the program default. Don't know why, but they do and I can't remember which they are at the moment...sorry.

Hope this has been of some help to you or others. It helped me when I figured it out. Things have been going very smooth for the most part!

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Craig just about covered it, though we probably ought to catalog the ones that can't be changed-revert ot default. (I am usually too busy to do otherwise than just do what it takes to get done with what I am doing and then move on)

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter

BTW, I am not implying that Craig or anyone else has more time than myself or has some "duty" to catalog anything, I was thinking outloud only.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter