Threaded View

Atrium doors are OK, but . . .

The plan view shows one panel fixed, the other hinged, and that is about it. Too many things about the whole thing are wrong, otherwise.

These things, like all glass doors we buy from the window companies, whether sliding or hinged or "atrium" or "french" or even fixed, are specified as for size, by their w x h frame.

Not by the "door panel" size.

Please change this soon. I input a size for a two-panel door as 6068, or 6/0 wide by 6/8 high, and Chief gives me two 36 x 80 doors tight together, wrapped by a frame, and I have no control over frame sizing.

Atrium is a term that most understand as a two-panel glass patio door, one panel fixed, the other hinged, and hinging is from the center. All are made with a post-astragal between the door panels, which functions primarily as the means of weatherstripping the hinged edge of the active panel.

Chief shows both doors with hardware handles. Wrong. Only the side that swings gets latching hardware.

We have to work backwards from R.O. and R.O. margins, to arrive at something that matches what we need, size-wise.

Glass doors like these are really big windows, and should go on the window schedule.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage